- Midoweb SRL is the data controller of personal information processed through our interaction with you or processed in order to serve you with ads.
- We obtain and process information about end users who are targeted with our customers’ ads (insofar as the information is required for such ad targeting), customer and supplier personnel (for the purposes of liaising and contracting with customers and suppliers and for business development purposes) and users of our website (to provide the website and answer queries and requests). For the most part, we process this data on the basis of our legitimate interests.
- We may send you marketing updates about our services, however you can unsubscribe at any time.
- We share information with third party service providers, our affiliates and partners, our group companies and where required by law.
- You have a number of rights that you may exercise in relation to our use of your personal information, and you may exercise these by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Site Visitor”: accessing or browsing the www.midoweb.com site (the “Site”);
- “Customer”: requesting the provision of Services from us;
- “Partner”: providing services to us, to allow us to provide Services to our Customers;
- “Targeted End User”: using mobile apps provided to you by our Customers (acting as an “End User”).
Please note that this policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
II. WHO WE ARE
Midoweb SRL is the data controller of the personal information that we collect from you. It is a company registered in Bucharest, Romania (registration number 31320404), whose registered office is at Dimitrie Pompeiu Blvd. 5-7, Hermes Business Campus 1 Building, 2nd Floor, Unit 240, Sector 2, 020335.
III. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE AND STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The type of personal information that we process falls into three categories:
- Information we collect from Customers and Partners in connection with the provision of our Services;
- Information we collect and use when Targeted End Users interact with our Customers’ mobile applications and which we need to provide our Services;
- Information that Site Visitors provide to us via the Site.
A. Information We Collect from Customers and Partners
If you are one of our Customers or Partners (or a representative of one of our Customers or Partners), we collect the following information from you in connection with our legitimate business interests in order to appropriately target advertisements as part of our Services and, in the case of individual representatives of our Customers, to allow you to set up a user account and profile, to contact you, to fulfil your requests for certain products and Services, to analyze how Customers utilize the Services, to generate leads and to create industry influencers:
- Browser information
- Geographic data
- Payment Information from Partners
When you provide us with personal information about your contacts we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided in order to reach out to the. If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com.
B. Information We Collect and Use About Targeted End Users When They Interact With Our Customers’ Mobile Applications
If you are a Targeted End User, we collect certain device information provided by our advertising exchange Partners or our Customers to serve targeted ads to you, to measure performance of and optimize our Customers’ marketing campaigns to you, to analyze trends in aggregated data and to analyze data to identify the demographic and interests of Targeted End Users across the app ecosystem (all of which could include the sharing to data with the applicable Customer for such purposes).
This information includes:
- Generic geographic location consisting of IP address and explicit geographical categorization such as country or zip code and then granular latitude and longitude coordinates (please note that this is subject to the capability of the advertising exchange that we use, and so this data is not always collected by us)
- Device make, manufacturer, operating system and language settings
- Name of application interactive with MidoWeb Services
- Internet Protocol Address
- Device ID
- Browser type
- Internet service provider (ISP)
- Android ID or Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA)
- Connection speed
- App usage data
- Referring / exit pages
- Files viewed on our Site (e.g. HTML pages, graphic, etc.)
- Date / time stamp
- Clickstream data
We process this information on the basis of our legitimate business interest.
C. Information You Provide to Us via Our Site
If you have provided us with a means of contacting you, we will use such means to communicate with you in relation to the purposes for which you provided your contact details and in relation to similar products or Services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you do not want to receive legal notices from us, those legal notices will still govern your use of the Services, and you are responsible for reviewing such legal notices for changes.
Additionally, you may sign up to receive reports and communications from us by following the “Subscribe” link on our Site. If you would like to opt-out of receiving any information that you receive from us, you may update your email preferences by using the “UNSUBSCRIBE” link found in emails we send to you or at your member profile on our Site or by contacting us at email@example.com. Where we ask for your consent to send you communications, we process the relevant data you provide us on the basis of that consent.
User Data Supplementation
We may receive information about you from other sources as required in connection with our legitimate interests, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data (including marketing data). We combine this data with information we already have about you to help us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new Customers, deliver our marketing services and provide more tailored advertising, products and Services. If you provide us with personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Automated decision making
We perform the following automated decision-making processes using your personal information:
- To build lookalike targeting models to target users who are similar to the Customer’s existing users. Our Machine Learning does this automatically for every Customer. The more upfront device IDs MidoWeb has, the more beneficial this is.
- For power predictive ML features e.g. users who have purchased in the past are much more likely to purchase again in the future
- To exclude existing users from User Acquisition campaigns, and power targeting rules for re-engagement campaigns e.g. target users who have registered but not purchased
- Service / Analytics Platform Disclosure
We commit to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities and comply with the advice given by the panel with regard to data transferred from the EU.
V. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHO WE SHARE IT WITH
Sharing of Information We Collect
We neither rent nor sell your personal information in personally identifiable form to anyone. However, we do share your personal information with third parties as described in Section III and in this Section. If you have consented to us sharing your personal information but later change your mind, you may contact us and we will cease any such activity.
Affiliated Businesses and Third Party Websites We Do Not Control
We employ third party companies and people, for example cloud service providers (“Third Party Service Providers”), such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and Google Drive, to perform tasks e.g., provide computer and network infrastructure services on our behalf and we may need to share your information with them to provide products or Services to you. We only share your personal information with Third Party Service Providers to the extent necessary for them to assist us and they do not have any right to use your personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Compliance with laws and legal proceedings: We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
Merger or Acquisition
If Midoweb SRL or any of its subsidiaries are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information. We may also disclose your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent.
The security of your personal information is important to us. Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VII. DATA RETENTION
If you have provided us with personal information for the purposes of holding an account with us, we will retain your information (including personal information) for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services.
If we hold information about you through any other means we shall only process this information for as long as is necessary for the purpose and in any event for no longer than 28 days.
Information relating to Targeted End Users is retained for 30 days in pseudonymized form before it is automatically deleted from our active database. Backups are stored indefinitely.
We will delete it after the timescales stated above, except we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
VIII. YOUR RIGHTS
Opting-out of interest-based advertising from MidoWeb
Refer to our opt out section in our newsletters for instructions on how to opt-out of interest-based advertising when you are a Targeted End User or email us your opt-out request at email@example.com.
Data Subject Rights
You also have the following rights:
- the right to ask us to provide you (or another data controller) with copies of the personal information that we hold about you at any time. We may charge a reasonable fee for any manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive requests;
- the right to ask us to update or correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you (in accordance with applicable data protection laws);
- the right to ask us not to process your personal information for the legitimate interests that we have set out above. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your personal information but, if that is the case, we will let you know and tell you why;
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please write to us, either by post or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 30 days.
IX. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
XI. CONTROLLER / QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
Controller within the meaning of the data protection laws is: Midoweb SRL, Dimitrie Pompeiu Blvd. 5-7, Bucharest, Romania. If you have questions or suggestions pertaining to data protection, you may also contact us via email at email@example.com